Quality Assurance Specialist responsibilities include developing quality standards, conducting tests, and identifying issues in the production of our products in an effort to maintain product safety. The QA Specialist is also responsible for the implementation/effectiveness of the SQF program at the site.
Understand, implement, update, and audit the site SQF & HACCP programs to ensure integrity and identify improvement / risk areas.
· Maintain accurate sanitation processes procedures in accordance with SQF guidelines.
· Collaborate with Sanitation Manager in effectiveness of sanitation program.
· Facilitate timely, corrective, and preventative actions to fix problems or gaps in the program. Including but not limited to daily non-conformities, internal audit findings, and complaints.
· Manage the site’s customer complaint workflow, including investigations and CAPA’s.
· Ensure that the facility is always audit-ready, performing daily walk-throughs and holding accountability for any non-conformities that are found.
· Conduct meetings with plant management to discuss and resolve food safety and quality-related issues. Offer suggestions and provide a hands-on approach to solving quality challenges.
· Work collaboratively with location leadership to create and update processing SOPs. Ensure procedures are consistent with SQF standards on the processing of high-quality products.
· Fully understand the work, process, and requirements of the production floor roles and their impact on product quality.
· Assist plant leadership with creating a positive food safety and quality culture at the plant.
· Review and verify documentation and compliance materials, ensuring the accuracy of data records and control point checks.
· Assist sales team in maintaining inventory of samples and preparation of shipments.
· Help with daily operations as needed, other projects and work as assigned.
· High school diploma required.
· Strong math, English, and comprehension skills.
· Strong computer skills – Word, Excel, etc.
· Strong soft skills – communication, leadership, etc.
· Ability to obtain SQF, HACCP, PCQI, and Internal Auditor certifications
· Ability and willingness to work hands-on. As most of the responsibilities can’t be delegated